Monday, August 20, 2012

Taking the "No 'Poo" Plunge!

Alright...

I've been thinking about it for awhile now, and I can see why it all makes sense. So I'm just. going. to do it.
After being sick of my frizzy, curly-ish, wavy-ish, mop on top, and doing much research (Thank GOD for Pinterest!), I discovered Reformation Acres (a blogger with very similar interests to mine!) and her post of when she took the plunge as well. My hair is incredibly like hers, frizzy, not quite curly, and definitely not straight. (What in the world is it about pregnancy that does this to womens' hair?!) Regardless, I am ready to find out if "No 'Poo" will do the wonders for my hair that it has done for hers!

Frizzy messes turned into beautiful, natural, soft, silky curls! Down with the stripping of natural oils! Down with having to use 5,827,869,274,999 different products, and various heat treatments to achieve average "normal" hair!

These are her recipes of choice -

Baking Soda Cleanser

1 quart boiling water
1/4 cup baking soda

Add the soda to the water and mix or shake until dissolved. Cool prior to use. Apply liberally to hair and scalp, shaking first if necessary. Massage into scalp and hair, then rinse well.

Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse

3/4 C of water
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
1 Tbsp Honey

Combine all and shake well. After cleansing, squirt all over scalp and hair. Allow it to sit f or a few minutes. Rinse well. 

In her rinse recipe, she also includes 8 drops peppermint oil, as well as 8 drops tea tree oil to fight the strong aroma of the vinegar. However, as I am broke, and these oils are not in my budget, I am going to skip this step for my first try and my hubby will just have to deal with the smell! ;)


And, I'm off... 

to the store to collect my ingredients! Have you taken the "No 'Poo" plunge? What cleansers or rinse recipes have worked well for you? What has NOT worked for you? I want to hear any experiences you have had!

Thanks so much!


Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment